The benefits of Swim School
There are many benefits of a dedicated Swim School program. These include:
- A life saving skill - Drowning continues to be the one of the leading causes of death for children in Australia. A dedicated Swim School program builds on the skills students already have.
- A whole-body workout - Swimming engages almost every major muscle group, requiring a person to use their arms, legs, torso, and stomach.
- Building cardiovascular strength - Cardiovascular exercise, often referred to as cardio, involves the heart, lungs, and circulatory system. A thorough workout routine, such as one that features swimming, will include this type of exercise.
- Managing stress - Exercise is a great way to relieve stress and anxiety. It can also redirect the mind away from troubling thoughts.
- Suitable for all fitness levels - Some types of exercise may be challenging for people who are new to exercise or feel very unfit. Swimming however, allows a person to go at their own pace.
For additional information on the benefits of swimming, please click on the link: https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/swimming-health-benefits
For students wanting additional information on the Royal Life Saving E-Lifesaving program, please click on the link: https://www.royallifesaving.com.au/schools/in-the-classroom/e-learning